A grand Georgian pile in the Tees Valley with beautiful gardens
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -59% today
Hot Tub Cottage
Hot Tub Cottage
Country Classic room
Hot Tub Cottage
Stately stay at a grand Georgian pile with spa on the outskirts of Durham in the Tees Valley - full English breakfast, a bottle of prosecco and optional dinner included
- Playing a harmonious host to urbanites seeking respite in the North East, this hideaway is set in 150 acres of parkland on the outskirts of Durham in the Tees Valley. Built for the Third Marquess of Londonderry in 1846, it’s all lashings of Georgian glamour; think huge Corinthian portico, Spanish mahogany, and exquisite gardens.
- Relaxed days can be spent blissing out in the lakeside spa, sipping cocktails on the terrace, stocking up on artisan cheeses in the Farm Shop & Café, and settling down for afternoon tea. Equally worthwhile is dining at The Wellington - the hotel’s two AA Rosette signature restaurant that’s renowned for its à la carte and brasserie menus.
- On the accommodation front, there are 19 individually-styled guest rooms and suites as well as three cottages - all of which come with elegant décor, authentic and repro furnishings, warm colour hues, patterned wallpapers, and all the home-from-home comforts you’ll need during your stay.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Two AA Rosette restaurant
- Hot tub
- Afternoon tea
- On-site parking
How to get there
The hotel is situated close to the north of Stockton-on-Tees and Middlesborough, about five miles or so to the east of the A(M)1. We'd suggest driving so you can make the most of the surrounding region; on-site parking is available.
Good to know
Please note that spa access is not included, and entry (for guests aged 16 and above only) incurs an additional charge. Pre-booking before arrival is recommended to avoid disappointment.
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities. Pets are not allowed.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.