Check into a new cutting-edge glamping dome in striking North Yorkshire
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
Never seen before on Secret Escapes
Be the first to self-cater in cutting-edge comfort in a glamping dome overlooking the North Yorkshire Wolds, with a kitchenette, BBQ and en-suite bathroom
- Get back to raw nature and plug into glamping modernity in equal measure at The Private Hill. With futuristic domes dotted on a grassy hill on the cusp of the heart-stealing North Yorkshire Wolds, this secluded hideout far from the mud on a working North Yorkshire farm is the peak of cutting-edge country stays.
- Named after some of the farm’s award-winning pedigree Aberdeen Angus cattle, the 40-square-metre Geodesic domes promise a spoiling self-catering stay. Warm up with your wood burning stove, make dinner with your wood-fired BBQ or microwave, and contemplate the far-reaching greenery with Sonos music and coffee from your Nespresso machine.
- Fear not, bodily comforts are also attended to. Each cosy abode has a compact en-suite bathroom, relieving you of chilly nighttime walks. Expect all the luxuries of a boutique hotel, from bathroom amenities to a neat kitchenette, wardrobe, plump sofa and super-king-size bed.
- Kitchenette with Miele microwave
- Breakfast boxes, lunch boxes and evening BBQ boxes available for purchase
- Home-grown Aberdeen Angus steaks and other (frozen) meat available to purchase
- Locally sourced frozen microwave meals available to purchase
- Sonos music streaming
- Luxury bed linen
- Stocked minibar with a small freezer drawer
- Private BBQ
- Private deck
- Not pet-friendly
How to get there
By car, put the village of Acklam (North Yorkshire not Middlesborough) into your Sat Nav, and then Thrussendale Road, to reach The Private Hill entrance (discreetly signposted off the lane).
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
To ramp up the action, Flamingo Land theme park lies just under 15 miles north of the farm, and the fascinating Eden Camp - a former Second World War prisoner-of-war camp - is only nine miles north. The imposing Castle Howard stately home sits grandly 10 miles away, in the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.