A plush Edinburgh stay at a landmark hotel on an iconic street
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -46% today
Princes Street Gardens
St. Giles' Cathedral
Modern elegance, plush rooms and all-round excellence at an Edinburgh hotel set across five listed Georgian townhouses – includes breakfast and a drink voucher
- Old-school grandeur meets contemporary comforts at The Principal Edinburgh, a landmark hotel which dates back to 1881. Spread across no fewer than five Georgian townhouses in the city centre, it's all about historic elegance and high-class service at this hotel, where an entrancing culinary experience and ravishing décor await.
- Treat yourself at The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen, where you'll find a wood-panelled bar and laid-back atmosphere beneath an ornate ceiling. You'll enjoy classic-meets-contemporary Scottish fare - opt for Rabbit bridie with medjool date and curried carrot, followed by a honey and thyme-roasted plum with cinnamon granola.
- Measuring in at 18 square metres, Superior rooms are beautifully styled and well equipped for a comfortable stay. From the warm hues and en-suite bathrooms with sleek white accents, through to the soft upholstery and relaxing seating areas. The Principal won Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards.
- Events rooms
- Fitness centre
How to get there
The Principal Edinburgh George Street is right in the heart of the centre, with less than a 10 minute walk to Edinburgh Waverly train station. If you choose to fly, you'll find Edinburgh Airport about nine miles away.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.