Charming ancient Dorset house with prized dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -48% today
Coach House room
A quaint 700-year-old Dorset house filled with history and charm – includes breakfast, three-course dinner, a spa discount and a bottle of wine upon departure
- You can’t get more quaint than this: set in a 700-year-old house, in a darling Dorset market town home to characterful shops, restaurants and a 14th-century church, The Ollerod has witnessed generations of families pass through its doors (it has even been a home for priests), and has garnered a series of awards.
- With centuries-old inglenook fireplaces, wooden beams and candles ensconced upon the old hamstone walls, the house retains its charm and character and yet has everything you might need to survive modern life, including a prized restaurant serving up a whole host of tasty fare.
- Deep in Thomas Hardy’s Wessex, you'll also be pleased to find the Jurassic Coast on your doorstep. After spending a day with the westerly wind whipping through your hair, you'll relish retiring to your individually styled bedroom to sleep soundly on a plush bed, surrounded by plentiful modern conveniences.
- Dining room
- Onsite parking
- Treatment room
How to get there
Given the rural location of the hotel, we'd recommend bringing your own set of wheels. To get here, you're best driving via the A37 from Yeovil. From there, take the B roads via Evershot and Toller Whelme.
Good to know
The hotel has two pet-friendly rooms (additional charges apply); please contact the hotel directly for further information.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.