Embrace riverside Berkshire vibes at a hip boutique hideaway
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
Riverside Deluxe room
Riverside Deluxe room
Hip retro interiors await at a stylish hotel on the Thames in Berkshire, housed within a former historic coaching inn - includes a choice of rooms
- For an exquisite dose of riverside cool in a superbly English pocket of the country, The Great House at Sonning ticks all the style boxes. A punchy retro palette mixes with bare stone walls, printed animal artwork and pincushion leather headboards at this boutique Berkshire hideaway.
- Coppa Club is a Grade II-listed, former Elizabethan coaching inn revamped with a Lisbonesque school of style. Whether you're here early for an à la carte breakfast tailored to your preference or late with all-too-pretty cocktails (Frangipane Spritz, anyone?), this is one seriously hip seven-day hangout.
- At this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner, Cosy rooms measure 11-14 square metres and fit in a full-size fridge and plenty of character. Deluxe rooms offer 15-24 square metres and a sitting area to kick back in, and you could even opt to enjoy riverside views from them.
- Restaurant with terrace
- Digital retro-style radio and retro phone in each room
- Full-size fridge and fresh milk provided in each room
How to get there
Trains from London Paddington reach Reading in 25 minutes and the station is three and a half miles from the hotel - a short taxi ride.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Reading and genteel Henley-on-Thames are both a 15-minute drive away and regal haunt Windsor Castle is half an hour from here. To take things up a notch, drive your luck to Ascot Racecourse, 30 minutes away.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.