A luxe country-house hotel in the Peak District
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Never seen before on Secret Escapes
Standard Double room
Standard Double room
A coaching inn turned country-house hotel in the heart of the Peak District, at the edge of the Chatsworth Estate - with breakfast, two-course dinner, and bottle of champagne
- Perfect for lovers of the great outdoors, the gorgeous coaching inn turned country-house hotel of The Cavendish has plenty to please: attractive accommodation, extensive gardens, museum-worthy interiors, gracious hospitality, and off-the-scale stunning views across the rolling countryside.
- As you’d expect from a property of this calibre, the dining is top-notch. Head to the AA 2 Rosette-awarded The Gallery for imaginative cuisine and 85 different wines - or try the more laid-back Garden Room for casual and seasonal fare. The hotel also offers delicious Sunday lunches and quintessentially English afternoon teas.
- All of the beautifully-appointed and individually-designed guest rooms and suites come with lashings of luxuries; think comfortable double bed (or twins) dressed with high-quality linens and classic-looking bathrooms with soft fluffy towels, thick bathrobes, and bath products.
- Given that Chatsworth was the winner of the independently-judged Hudson’s Heritage Award for the Best UK Picnic Spot 2014, it’s no wonder that picnics in the grounds here are so delightful. When the weather’s nice, ask the staff to pack you a special lunch hamper-for-two complete with a half-bottle of Laurent Perrier champagne (extra charges apply).
- Two restaurants
- Extensive gardens
- Putting green
- Private parking
- Flatscreen TV in each room
- Room service
How to get there
The Cavendish is 30 minutes from Sheffield and roughly 35 minutes from the M1. The nearest mainline station is in Chesterfield Railway Station, a 20-minute drive away. You’ll also be within easy distance of a bus stop for visiting the Derbyshire towns of Bakewell and Buxton.
Good to know
Pets are not allowed to stay at The Cavendish with this offer. On-site parking is complimentary for hotel guests.
Also features in
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.
1 people are viewing this sale right now.x