Retreat to the Lake District with a high-end boutique inn stay
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
Standard Double room
Standard Double room
A homey 1850s coach inn turned gastropub right in the heart of the picturesque Lake District - full Cumbrian breakfast and a bottle of house wine included
- Using locally grown and reared produce, The Brown Horse Inn’s restaurant offers British classics with a twist. Dine on dishes like bacon sirloin, cod supreme and steak and kidney pudding, then finish off with a quintessential English sticky toffee pudding. Breakfast comes in the form of a full English breakfast.
- Crackling fires and original oak beams give the bar at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner a charming, rustic country feel. The Brown Horse Inn supports local breweries and hosts a number of hand-pulled guests ales; perfect for pulling up a pew by a roaring hearth with.
- The inn’s nine bedrooms combine contemporary design with original design fixtures, maintaining a unique country charm. All the bedrooms come equipped with solid oak beds and en-suite bathrooms, so you can relax in complete comfort.
- On-site parking
How to get there
The Brown Horse Inn is located in the heart of the Lake District, with the closest towns being Winster and Windermere. It is roughly a five-hour drive from London, a three-hour drive from Birmingham and a 90-minute drive from Manchester. On-site parking is available.
Good to know
Please note that due to the rural location of this inn, Wi-Fi may be intermittent.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.