Charming escape near the North York Moors
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
North Yorkshire Moors
North Yorkshire Moors
A traditional coaching inn with an award-winning restaurant in the North Yorkshire market town of Helmsley – includes breakfast, dinner allowance and late check-out
- For an upscale stay in the pretty North Yorkshire market town of Helmsley, The Black Swan Hotel and its collection of Tudor, Georgian, and Elizabethan buildings is ideal. The setting couldn’t be more breathtaking either, where the the North York Moors await: think rolling hills, fragrant pine forests, plentiful wildlife, and glittering coastline.
- All of the 45 sumptuous and spoiling guestrooms and suites at this characterful property are uniquely-styled. Each has tasteful, chic decor with either muted or bright hues, a mix of classic antiquey and contemporary design features, and comfortable beds dressed with luxe linens.
- On the wining and dining front, the two AA Rosette-awarded Gallery Restaurant delights foodies with an exciting British menu. Equally appealing are the gorgeous Tearoom for its award-winning afternoon teas, the Cygnet Bar for lagers, real ales, cocktails, and a deep wine list, and the walled garden for al fresco dining in summer.
- Two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Tea room
How to get there
Helmsley is a 45-minute drive from York. You can get the train from London King’s Cross to York and then onto Thirsk, taking around two hours in total. A taxi from Thirsk to Helmsley takes about 25 minutes.
Good to know
The Classic rooms are accessed by a few flights of stairs and therefore aren’t recommended for less-mobile guests.
Please note that the spa facilities are at the sister hotel, Feversham Arms Hotel, which is located just 200 yards from Black Swan.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.