Five-star bliss in the Algarve at 'Portugal's Most Romantic Resort'
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Praia do Vale Covo, Carvoeiro
Coast of Lagos with Rocks and Cliffs
A blissful stay at a five-star, award-winning botanical resort in the Algarve, with a spacious suite and breakfast included
- Portugal’s Algarve has it all - endless sun, clear warm seas and some of Europe’s most beautiful beaches. Enjoy all of this in a true home-away-from-home setting at Monte Santo Resort, near the quaint fishing village of Carvoeiro. More than justifying its five stars, the resort comprises a collection of high-spec low-rise apartments and townhouses. Spread across immaculately landscaped grounds, you’ll find a huge lagoon-like swimming pool, waterways and tropical palm-filled gardens.
- Voted as 'Portugal's Most Romantic Resort' for the last four years, Monte Santo Resort boasts state-of the art facilities, with five pools (including one indoor), a tennis court, gym and outdoor fitness equipment. Elsewhere the aptly named Alma Spa will soothe both mind, body and soul, with expert therapists offering a tempting array of treatments.
- While your accommodation includes well thought-out self-catering facilities, if you don’t fancy cooking there’s a poolside restaurant on hand serving top-notch locally sourced fare. Add to this various activities laid on daily and many guests never feel the need to leave this peaceful haven for their whole stay. An equally pleasurable time, however, can be had by taking advantage of the complimentary transfer down to Carvoeiro beach, or to one of the many excellent golf courses in the vicinity, which are some of the most challenging in Portugal.
Spacious, bright and airy One Bedroom suites and Two Bedroom townhouses offer pleasing pastel interiors, gleaming polished floors and private balconies overlooking the pools or gardens. There’s a living and dining room with well-equipped open-plan kitchen, while bathrooms come with hydromassage tubs.
- Flatscreen TV
- CD/ DVD player
- Washer / dryer
- Ceramic hob
- Air-conditioning / underfloor heating
Positioned by the lagoon pool, the cool and airy Monte dos Comensais restaurant, with alfresco terrace for outdoor dining, is where you’ll enjoy breakfast each morning. For lunch and dinner chef Nuno Alves oversees an eclectic menu, including traditional dishes such as the area’s famous clam broth, risottos, steak and seafood.
The beautifully designed Zen-like Alma Spa houses a Turkish bath, sauna and Jacuzzi. Cocoon-like treatment rooms offer an array of treatments using Clarins products and you’ll receive a 10 percent discount on massages, such as one tailored specifically to golfers.
The resort sits inland from the picturesque fishing village of Carvoeiro, and you can take the resort shuttle the half mile or so down to Carvoeiro beach. A car is recommended for exploring further afield, maybe visiting the lovely rural villages of Alte and Salir. The nearest golf courses are architect-designed Gramacho, championship Vale da Pinta and mountain view Silves, all of which you can reach by complimentary transfer. Faro airport is 40 miles away.
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.