Dramatic Scottish landscapes and sea views on the Argyll coast
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -49% today
A small Scottish Highlands hotel perched on the Argyll coast, with sprawling sea views – includes breakfast, dinner allowance and a pre-dinner glass of prosecco
- Set on 17 acres of gardens and beach on the Argyll coast, this Victorian country house has been thoughtfully developed into a warm and welcoming hotel whilst retaining the charm of its rural origins, and offers peace, tranquillity and breathtaking vistas up in spades.
- Gastronomic delights are served at The Restaurant at Loch Melfort Hotel, offering freshly-caught seafood, meats from a local farm, seasonal vegetables and game. The Bistro at Loch Melfort offers a more casual dining experience, with live music events hosted some evenings.
- For keen gardeners and wildlife enthusiasts, spend an afternoon lazily wandering around the exotic Arduaine Gardens, curated by the National Trust for Scotland, where you can admire the colourful array of rhododendrons, azaleas and Himalayan lilies.
- Sea view balcony
- Continental breakfast
- Restaurant and bistro
How to get there
Loch Melfort Hotel is located on the picturesque coast of Argyll in the Scottish Highlands. By road, it is approximately two and a half hours from Glasgow and accessible from the M8 motorway and from Edinburgh from the M9 motorway. The nearest mainline railway station is Oban, which is a 40-minute drive away.
Good to know
Please note that while the hotel has pet-friendly rooms, dogs must be kept under control at all times and are not allowed in the main part of the hotel (lounges, bar and restaurants included). Dogs are only allowed in certain rooms (those with ground floor terraces, not rooms with balconies) and are allowed in the Bistro when it's open for the season. Should you wish to bring your dog along, please check the hotel's full pet policy before booking.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.