Historic, Welsh inn by the beach on the Gower Peninsula
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -50% today
Standard King room/Superior King room
A 17th-century stone inn by Llangennith beach, on the beautiful Gower Peninsula in Wales - includes breakfast and late check-out
- Behind a quaint and craggy stone wall, three 17th-century buildings make up the King’s Head Inn, in the core of tiny Llangennith. This unspoilt Welsh village is a madly popular surfing haven on the Gower Pensinsula, the first place to be crowned an official Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the UK.
- You’ll wake up to an invigorating coastline of clear sandy beaches, green-topped limestone cliffs, intriguing caves and rocky bays. Throw in some medieval castles, Iron Age forts and crumbling churches and you get the appeal. Among warming rough stone walls and a down-to-earth vibe, the King's Head Inn keeps everyone happy with hearty British pub food, global favourites and zingingly fresh Welsh produce.
- Rooms at the King’s Head Inn have oodles of space, light wood furniture and attractive smooth tiled floors with underfloor heating. Some come with privileged sea views and oversized bathtubs. The en-suite bathrooms are sleek and capacious too.
- Large gin and malt whisky selection
- Beer garden
- On-site parking
How to get there
Swansea Airport is a 25-minute drive from Llangennith. Trains from London Paddington, Manchester and Cardiff come into Swansea train station, a 40-minute taxi ride away. If you're coming by car, take junction 47 off the M4 and follow signs to Gower (A483). On-site parking is available for no extra cost.
Good to know
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.