A charming Puglian abode in the ancient town of Conversano
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -64% today
Polignano a Mare
Polignano a Mare
A Puglian gem in ancient Conversano, with design-led interiors and breakfast on the rooftop terrace – includes breakfast, chocolates, late check-out and a massage voucher
- Rich in quintessential Puglian charm, Iulius Suite & Spa sits pretty among the ancient marvels of Conversano, a sleepy town in the Bari province, six miles from the olive-green waters of the Adriatic coast. This charming B&B is set in a 16th-century building, brought into the 21st century with a stylish revamp and all the essential mod cons. Behind its vanilla-hued facade, this Italian gem is home to elegant suites, a rooftop breakfast terrace and serene spa.
- Here, it’s all about slipping down a few gears; stroll around the history-rich town, dive into the glistening sea at Polignano a Mare, discover the caves of Castellana (the largest in Europe) or sign up for a traditional cookery class to master Apulian classics. Ripe for exploration, the region is peppered with interesting sites, from the conical trulli of Alberobello and mighty Castel del Monte to sun-baked Salento.
- The spa offers a feast for the senses in a dreamy setting, with natural stone and barrel vault ceilings. Take a loop of the hot tub, sauna, Turkish bath and emotional shower, before flaking out with a beauty treatment or body therapy – Hawaiian, Ayurvedic, Thai, hot stone and Arabic massages are all on the menu, along with an array of facials, spa rituals and mani-pedis.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Rooftop terrace
- Hot tub
- Air conditioning
How to get there
Bari Karol Wojtyla Airport is a 45-minute drive away. We'd recommend hiring a car to make the most of the surrounding region.
Good to know
A city tax is not required at the moment but it may be introduced by the City Council without any further notice.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.