Restored historic mansion in Poole's Old Town
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
An atmospheric 18th-century, red-brick mansion turned luxe hotel on a cobbled street in Poole's Old Town - includes breakfast and two-course dinner
- A red brick mansion radiating 18th-century splendour and embellished with trailing ivy, Hotel du Vin Poole graces a cobbled street just behind Poole's quayside. Restored to honour its nautical past, you'll find original stone stairs, columns and atmospheric ship lanterns lighting your way.
- Settle into a darkwood leather-backed chair for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Bistro du Vin. Hearty, French-inspired cooking and much-loved British staples are ready to satiate a sailor's or smuggler's appetite and fresh, seasonal ingredients hold their own here. The bar serves breakfast, sandwiches, burgers and nibbles too.
- Cosy Standard rooms hold a hand-sprung mattress on the queen-size bed, luxe Egyptian linen, a combined power shower and deep tub in the en-suite, a plasma TV, air conditioning and a Nespresso coffee machine. This lovely seaside pile boasts a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- 24-hour room service
- Same-day laundry service
How to get there
Poole train station is a 15-minute walk from the hotel and connected to London Waterloo and Weymouth. If coming by car, please note that parking is limited and on a first come, first served basis. The hotel cannot reserve spaces in advance but if the onsite car park is full, guests can park at one of two multi-storey, pay-and-display car parks: Quay Visitors on Strand Street (BH15 1SB) and High Street Shops on Hill Street (BH15 1NR). Both are less than five minutes' walk from the hotel. There is a £10 charge for overnight parking onsite or in the two multi-storey car parks.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.