Elegance at a Normandy château a mile from the coast
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -47% today
Never seen before on Secret Escapes
The Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
A refined 18th-century château a short drive from Normandy’s Second World War beaches – includes breakfast, champagne cocktail and a room upgrade
- Just a mile from the charming fishing harbour of Port-en-Bessin, Château la Chenevière, a vision of 18th-century elegance set within a picturesque park studded with centuries-old trees. The manor house has operated as a hotel since 1988, but still feels like a chic country home with artwork on the walls and gorgeous garden views.
- The 24-hour concierge is on hand to arrange whatever you may need: babysitting, taxis, restaurant bookings, even a helicopter tour over the coast. Pick up a map to explore the parkland’s various species of trees, take a dip in the delightful outdoor pool or borrow a bike to pedal along the coast.
- There’s a bar in the basement and two fabulous restaurants open in season: La Botaniste is a fine-dining speciality, and Le Petit Jardin proffers bistro-style cuisine. Chef Didier Robin is a vegetable maestro, with much of the menu’s delights coming from the hotel’s garden; there’s also a sommelier to help choose the right wine.
- Swimming pool
- Massage treatments (chargeable)
- Pets welcome (chargeable)
- 12 hectares of gardens
- Tennis courts
- Bicycles to borrow
- Room service
- Two restaurants
- 24-hour reception
How to get there
The nearest airports are at Caen - Carpiquet Airport, 37 kilometres away, and Deauville, 100 kilometres, which have seasonal flights from London – the hotel can arrange airport transfers in advance. Alternatively, you can take the Eurostar to Paris and then transfer to Bayeaux, the nearest station, 10 kilometres away. If you’re driving, the château is about three and a half hours’ drive from Calais for Eurotunnel Le Shuttle services, and 90 minutes from Le Havre for ferry services. There is parking and a helipad on site.
Good to know
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.