Five-star, Conde Nast Traveller-recommended Dorset gem
Enjoy luxury hotels and holidays at lower prices
Access and book our deals using just your email
New deals start and end every day
Our deals move fast - our emails make sure you don't miss a trip.I don't want to get amazing discounts on luxury travel in my inbox
100% refundable, up to 8 days before travel
Classic King room
Superior King or Twin room
Cosy Double room
Superior King or Twin room
A multi award-winning, five-star country house hotel in the west Dorset countryside, praised by Condé Nast Traveller – includes breakfast, dinner on one evening, and spa access. Fully refundable - book with confidence
- Highly recommended: Set in four acres of perfectly maintained gardens, this immaculately restored Relais & Châteaux property was voted number two among the Top Hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland (number five in The 50 Best Hotels in the World) in the Condé Nast Readers' Choice awards. Today, each of the 25 guest rooms still boast rich fabrics, elegant furnishings and Mitchell & Peach bathroom amenities.
- Award-winning dining: Making the most of an abundance of local ingredients, the award-winning restaurant has an extensive wine list created by one of the world’s best sommeliers. Dine in the quaint dining room (the cheese trolley is a must-try), enjoy afternoon tea in the Drawing Room, take a masterclass at the Whisky Bar, or admire the gardens from the light-filled Conservatory.
- Blissful spa: Ensconced among pristine rose gardens, the Boutique Spa is a quintessential countryside haven to restore both inner and outer well-being. Relax in the Jacuzzi, sauna and indoor heated pool, before a massage, hot stone therapy, or even reflexology and reiki, using quality products like Elemis.
Please note that some dining and leisure facilities may be closed. Please call the hotel before you travel to find out if facilities have reopened.
- Whisky Bar
- Summer terrace
- Drawing Room
- 16th-century sister pub over the road
- Boutique Spa
- Tennis court
- Croquet lawn
- Flatscreen satellite TV in each room
- Homemade shortbread and fresh flowers in each room
How to get there
The hotel is a 15-minute drive from Yeovil Junction train station and a 25-minute drive north of Dorchester South train station, connected to both London Waterloo and Weymouth stations. Dorchester West station is 20 minutes from the hotel by car and connects you to both Bristol and Weymouth.
Good to know
Reservations already made directly with the hotel cannot be amended or cancelled.
We cannot guarantee access to hotel facilities (e.g restaurant or spa), as these are subject to change due to COVID-19. We advise you check with the hotel two weeks before your trip. If you choose not to travel, you must actively cancel up to eight days in advance to ensure a full refund.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.