A stylish boutique Georgian hotel in rural Suffolk
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A cosy, boutique Georgian hotel with elegant interiors in rural Suffolk - breakfast and dinner included
- Overlooking Long Melford's charming village green and church, the refurbished Black Lion is a traditional village hotel with heart. If you like your bedrooms boutique and bespoke, your gardens picturesque and your restaurant dining award-winning, then this boutique Georgian bolthole is most certainly the place for you.
- The guest rooms are spacious, individually styled and unique, with classic yet upscale amenities. Each offers country-chic decor, a flatscreen TV, Wi-Fi and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, overhead shower and Bramley amenities. This charming village hotel was recently named Best Place to Stay in the East by the Sunday Times.
- The restaurant is a popular choice for guests and local villagers alike, with its lavish country breakfasts and elegant mains crafted by Head Chef Steve Angier. You can also treat yourself to afternoon tea or contemplate life with a post-dinner glass of your fancy, or perhaps a cocktail, in the Melford Bar.
- Afternoon tea
How to get there
Black Lion Hotel is located off the A134 in Long Melford, about 45 minutes' drive from Colchester and Braintree. We recommend arriving by car to make the most of this region.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.