- Having the option of including a packed lunch in your stay and setting off to explore the beautiful lakes
- Tucking into fresh scones and tea on arrival
- Strolling around Penrith's markets and quaint shops
The George Hotel
A traditional hotel near the Lake District, with a cream tea on arrival, breakfast, three-course dinner and a free room upgrade (subject to availability)
The George Hotel in the historic town of Penrith is perched at the gateway to the Lake District National Park, giving you direct access to its spectacular mountains and shimmering lakes. Its location is perfect for long idyllic walks and summer picnics.
A traditional and thoroughly English affair with plenty of character, this relaxed and welcoming hotel offers hearty dining with a fantastic wine selection and a cosy lounge for scones and tea. The building is over 300 years old, so there are lots of quirky little original features which only add to its charm. The George has also won itself a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions