- Snug blankets and hot chocolate by the fire pit for Sunday stays, looking out towards the Isle of Wight
- Travelling in style, with a private departure lounge at Royal Clarence Marina and Bond-style water transfers
- The eight rooms - a revelation of luxury furnishings and original brickwork
- Staying in one of the most exclusive and unusual hotels in Britain
An extraordinary private island hotel in the Solent
An enviable stay at Spitbank Fort - a unique hotel off the South Coast of England with a rooftop hot tub and access by private boat
The historic Spitbank Fort may not have fulfilled its original purpose as a naval defence but it turns out it was destined for far more glamorous things. Now one of the most exclusive and unique hotels in the British Isles, this private island playground features spa facilities, a Laurent-Perrier Champagne bar and eight luxuriously converted rooms.
With its own departure lounge in Royal Clarence Marina, the experience starts before you're even on the water. You'll travel by private boat across the Solent and check in to a room complete with super king-size beds, high riveted ceilings, cowhide rugs and masses of space - enough for each room to have been divided into two if the designers had felt less decadent.
There are three bars at this five-star retreat, alongside a wine cellar and games rooms. Up on the decked roof, there's a fire pit, heated pool, sauna and restored red lighthouse with an observation deck for surveying those far-reaching views of the South Coast and the Isle of Wight.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions