Award-winning dining in the Lake District
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -49% today
A scenic stay with an award-winning restaurant in the heart of the spectacular Lake District National Park – includes breakfast, dinner options and cream tea
- William Wordsworth once described Grasmere as "the loveliest spot that man hath ever found", so it seems fitting that one of the village's most established residences is named after him. Surrounded by two acres of beautiful grounds, The Wordsworth Hotel & Spa is the perfect place to enjoy Britain's Lake District.
- Complementing the serene surroundings with quiet relaxation facilities, the spa features an indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. The spa also offers a wide range of therapeutic and beauty treatments using products from the holistic, vegan spa brand, Ytsara, to leave you feeling both refreshed and at one with nature.
- The dining rooms here offer British cuisine at its very best. Making the most of the superb local ingredients, the informal Dove Bistro and sophisticated AA Rosette-awarded Signature Restaurant serve truly fine fare. For an extra treat, enjoy a lovely afternoon tea with fresh bread, speciality teas and coffees, and freshly baked cakes and scones – all topped off with a glass of champagne.
- Riverside gardens
- AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Bistro restaurant
- Indoor pool
- Egyptian cotton linen
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry services
How to get there
The Wordsworth Hotel & Spa is accessible via the M6 or the A1(M) motorways. Oxenholme is the nearest station to the Lake District and is around a 50-minute drive from the hotel.
Good to know
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.