Five-star Berkshire spa retreat with award-winning dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Luxury Double room
A highly acclaimed five-star spa hotel in Berkshire, with a triple AA Rosette-awarded restaurant - including breakfast, a bottle of wine, and an optional suite
- Located just outside Newbury, the five-star The Vineyard is one of the UK's most elegant retreats. This former hunting lodge woos its guests with boutique style and opulent facilities. Opt for a suite and marvel at the elegant design and luxury furnishings - it truly pulls out all the stops when it comes to comfort.
- Great food is a real passion at the The Vineyard Restaurant, with guests returning for the incredible three AA Rosette-awarded cuisine. The dining room is at the heart of the building, with a contemporary feel, beautiful design and meticulous attention to detail. Expect sophisticated dishes, and a wine list featuring thousands of vintages.
- The exclusive facilities at The Vineyard's spa need to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Chic, classy and blissfully free of crowds, the spa has earned itself 'Five Bubbles' from The Good Spa Guide. The main feature is the circular indoor pool that's heated to a soothing temperature, surrounded by sleek glass windows.
- Spa with sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room
- Indoor pool
- Fitness centre
- Three AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Wine tastings (chargeable)
How to get there
The Vineyard is around 62 miles from London, the fastest route by car being along the M4. Trains run frequently from London Paddington, and take around an hour to reach Newbury station. From there, you can hail a taxi or catch a bus to Foley Lodge stop. You can also catch trains from Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol and Newcastle which go to Reading, and change for the local service to Newbury.
Good to know
If you would like to dine in the hotel's restaurant, please book in advance directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment. You can find the opening times of the restaurant here.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.