Charm and style at a Berkshire village pub with Thames views
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Medium Double room
Goring and Streatley
Goring and Streatley
Large Double room with river view
Enjoy an idyllic country stay at a classic country pub restaurant in a small Berkshire village, right next to the River Thames – includes breakfast allowance
- There are fewer places in England as idyllic as a countryside village, and the The Swan at Streatley certainly meets that mark; sitting cosy on a bend along the River Thames, this laid-back yet stylish guesthouse and restaurant offers a warm welcome for those in search of peace, quiet and scenic river views.
- The restaurant and bar is a hubbub of activity from dawn til dusk. Start with a portion of fluffy pancakes to gear you up for country walks, then share a selection of small plates in the evenings with friends – there’s even a cocktail menu too, for those looking for a lively start to their evenings.
- Your tranquil surrounds perfectly match the list of treatments on offer by resident therapist, Kate. From neck massages to body scrubs, an extensive menu is on offer that uses natural ingredients, such as geranium, nectarines, jasmine and green tea to leave you feeling happy and healthy.
- Fitness centre
- Treatment rooms
How to get there
Located in Berkshire, guests can reach the hotel via the M4 or M40 motorways if driving. The nearest mainline station is Reading, and from here you can transfer to a local service to Goring & Streatley. For detailed directions, find them on the hotel’s website here.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.