Tranquil Welsh countryside retreat
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -45% today
Deluxe Double or Twin room
Cosy Double room
King Double room
Superior Double or Twin room
Snowdonia National Park
Escape to a charming hotel in peaceful Denbighshire, in rural Wales - includes breakfast and dinner credit
- Topping the charts for Llangollen's B&Bs on TripAdvisor and flaunting a Certificate of Excellence, The Mulberry Inn is located in the quiet Welsh setting of Llwynmawr village, in the lush Ceiriog Valley. Behind its ivy-clad façade, the inn is a retreat in itself, featuring faultless, personable service and heaps of character.
- Enjoy a hot breakfast freshly cooked to order, whether pancakes or smoked salmon and eggs, served until 10am at weekends. Follow a hearty dinner perhaps by the fireside in The Pheasant Bar or with a fine wine in The Garden Room Restaurant, with its stunning views and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Cosy rooms are intimate, bright and smartly decorated. King rooms feature a king bed and pretty village and mountain views, while Superior rooms have a super-king bed, armchairs and verdant garden and valley views. Deluxe rooms enjoy all this, plus a freestanding bathtub, a walk-in shower, an espresso machine and coffee table.
- Duck down bedding in each room (synthetic available with 24 hours' notice)
- Dog-friendly rooms (surcharge)
- Secure bike and motorcycle store
How to get there
The hotel is a little out of the way, so be sure to use the directions given on their website.
Always head for Chirk, not Llangollen, and do not rely on your sat nav. From Chirk, take the B4500 along the Ceiriog Valley, through Pontfadog and on to Dolywern. At Dolywern, after you see the Leonard Cheshire Home, turn left for Llwynmawr – The Mulberry Inn is at the end of the village. Please note that at no stage of your journey should you be on a road that is not wide enough for two cars.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.