A Cornwall bolthole with acclaimed dining and sea views
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A former 17th-century smuggler haunt tucked into the harbour of a fishing village in Cornwall, with an AA Rosette restaurant – includes breakfast and three-course dinner
- A great place for a UK coastal getaway, The Lugger Hotel is a scenic spot tucked into the cove and harbour of Portloe – an idyllic fishing village in south Cornwall. The hotel boasts a rich history, having formerly been a 17th-century inn and haunt of local smugglers, and the white buildings perched on the rugged coast make for a picturesque setting next to the scattering of fishing boats.
- Overlooking the harbour and sea, the award-winning restaurant serves classical cuisine based on locally sourced produce, particularly shellfish, lobster and crab. The restaurant has scooped two AA Rosettes for its combined British and European cuisine – and it's easy to see why.
- The hotel is situated near the beach and close to Caerhays Castle and Porthluney Cove. Nearby you'll find The Eden Project, The National Maritime Museum and Tate St Ives. The Lugger Hotel suitably bagged a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- The hotel has 23 bedrooms that are comfortably furnished with bleached Portuguese woods, soft lighting and crisp white linens, creating a cosy and contemporary feel. All rooms have luxurious en-suite bathrooms, with deep baths and deluge showers, and both Classic and Superior rooms come with views over the village.
- Two AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Harbour views
- Room service
- Massage service (chargeable)
- Board games and puzzles
- 24-hour front desk
How to get there
The Lugger Hotel is around a five-and-a-half-hour drive from London, and around a two-hour drive from Exeter.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.