19th-century York hotel stay in a boutique gem
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Stay at a characterful 19th-century boutique hotel in central York, including breakfast and afternoon tea with prosecco
- When you're visiting a city as historic as York, you need somewhere to stay that fits the tone. You need ivy tangling its way up the heavy stone walled exterior, roaring fireplaces, dramatic high ceilings and gold-framed portraits to survey the grandeur of the room - and that's exactly what you'll find at the luxurious Grange Hotel.
- This grade II-listed building, built in 1830, is filled with luxe boutique Regency design inside. The grand lounges offer a cosy spot for a post-shopping chill out and dining here is a feast of good old British home-cooking in The Ivy Brasserie. Rooms at The Grange Hotel are elegant and classical in their decor, all individually designed in a light and airy style and boasting bold boutique design.
- There's also a fantastic restaurant, popular with locals for hearty, modern cuisine and great ambience. Atmospherically located in the hotel's cellars, the Ivy Brasserie has a warm and unpretentious vibe. Afternoon tea is served in the Morning Room, with a selection of cakes and sandwiches with tea and coffee in the traditional English style.
- Two AA rosette restaurant
- Tasting events
- Afternoon tea
- Room service
How to get there
Just half a mile and a 10-minute walk from the city centre, The Grange Hotel is a grade II-listed building, built in 1830. The hotel is less than a mile's walk from York railway station, which is well served by trains from the north and south of the UK. By road, York is a direct journey up the A1 from London and the South East, and down the M1 from the North.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.