Top-rated Cornwall beach stay that inspired Toad Hall
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -49% today
A Cornish stay at the majestic hotel by the sea that inspired Toad Hall in The Wind in the Willows – includes breakfast and two-course dinner
- The majestic Fowey Hall looks like it's popped out of the pages of a storybook – and indeed it has, as it was the original inspiration for Toad Hall in The Wind in the Willows. Set on a hillside, overlooking the quaint Cornish sailing town of Fowey, this traditional retreat offers a large helping of modern luxury and style.
- Find a cosy reading corner or settle into the early evening with a drink by a roaring fire, all before a unique dining experience created using the best of Cornwall's produce in the two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant. The menu brings local ingredients to life in an elegant yet relaxed ambience. Complement your meal with a choice of wine from the well-considered wine list, or enjoy afternoon tea earlier in the day.
- The hotel's family-friendly spa boasts a 12-metre indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub with Cornish countryside views. Treatments are also on hand should you be in the mood for further pampering. When it comes to guestrooms, each retains the charm of their period setting while incorporating contemporary design and modern luxuries.
How to get there
Fowey Hall is situated above Fowey, a postcard-perfect Cornish sailing town. By car, it's easily accessible from the A30 road. There's also a regular train service from London Paddington to Par.
Please note that this hotel is particularly family-friendly, and the spa area is also open to children – so if you're looking for a super-quiet break, this may not be the place for you.
Please also note that the swimming pool and hot tub are open daily from 8am-8pm, with adult-only swim times from 8am-9am and 6.30pm-8pm. Spa treatments are available from 10am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am-5pm on Sunday.
Fowey Hall Hotel offers a particularly family-friendly stay. You can count on a children's menu, family dining times and highchairs when it comes to the all-important eating. All rooms on offer feature a bathtub, making for smooth bathtimes, and baby/toddler paraphernalia like potties, bottle-warming facilities and bed guards are also provided on request.
Quiet time for couples isn't off the menu either, thanks to a crèche available for two hours a day, either morning or afternoon, and pre-booked babysitting also offered for a surcharge. A games room and an outdoor play area with a zip wire, tyre swing and a children's climbing frame are a boon. Kids are also welcome to use the pool throughout the day from 9am-6.30pm.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.