Rural retreat on the edge of the Lake District
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Never seen before on Secret Escapes
A charming country hotel close to the Lake District and Haws Nature reserve, ideal for a relaxing break - includes breakfast and optional dinner
- Sitting cosy just south of the Lake District National Park, Dunes Hotel has an enviable location in the village of Barrow-in-Furness. Hikers, nature-lovers will be pleased with this rural setting, where you’re moments from Roanhead Beach and Sandscale Haws National Nature Reserve.
- Inside, interiors are characterised by shades of taupe and heavy wood furniture, nodding to the countryside setting. Guest rooms here are classically elegant, with chunky wooden chest of drawers and gray throws giving a homely feel.
- Warmly lit for an intimate ambience, Coast Restaurant promises hearty British classics prepared with locally sourced fruit, vegetables and meat. After dinner, head over to Coast Lounge and sink into one of the armchairs for a nightcap: the décor blends natural wood tones with wicker accents.
How to get there
Dunes Hotel is around 95 miles from Manchester, and 110 miles from York. From the south, take the M6 through Preston and Lancaster, towards the A590. Follow signs for Dalton-in-Furness, towards Oakland Road and Hawthwaite Lane.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.