14th century charm at an award-winning Surrey pub
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Four Poster room
Superior Double room
Superior Double room
Four Poster room
An AA Rosette-rated, 14th-century renovated pub stay just outside the capital – includes a three-course dinner and a full English breakfast
- Step back in time to the 14th-century in this alehouse turned modern pub. Rumour has it that Queen Elizabeth I herself was a patron here, and it certainly screams Tudor-style. Think characterful rooms with exposed beams, vintage decor and roaring fires.
- Gorge yourself silly with a tasty three-course dinner in the in-house restaurant. Characterised by oak panelling, a huge fireplace and a welcoming atmosphere, it’s a cosy little spot to while away a few hours. Dishes here include chargrilled steaks, beer-battered cod and baked Camembert with garlic and rosemary.
- Grab a glass of wine or a local bitter in the warm, wood panelled bar; a great place to meet the locals and get some top tips of what to do in the area. Come at the right time and get involved with the pub quiz, often tied in with a delicious fish and chips supper.
- Two bars
- Outdoor terrace
- Wood-burning pizza oven (seasonal)
- Four-poster beds
- En-suite bathroom
- Flatscreen TV
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Bathroom amenities
How to get there
Unless you’re coming via car, the best way to get to Chiddingfold is via train. The closest station is in Witley, a little over two miles away. Trains arrive every hour from London Waterloo via Woking, and they continue on to Portsmouth on the south coast.
From the station, it’s a quick taxi ride. Alternatively, you can catch the Line 71 bus, or even walk. If you’re walking, it should take no more than 40 minutes. Slightly further afield lies Godalming, which offers even faster trains from the capital.
Good to know
Due to the age of the building, this hotel is unfortunately not suitable for guests with disabilities.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
It’s a great location in which to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, and some of the walks around here are not to be sniffed at. Lace up the walking boots and head to Lockwood Donkey Centre, one of the UK’s oldest donkey sanctuaries, or head further afield to the slightly larger town of Godalming, famous for being the filming location for ‘The Holiday’ and more.
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.