Panoramic views from high in the Malvern Hills
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -59% today
Very Good room
Very Good room
Breathtaking views of the Cotswolds and the Severn Valley from a well-located hotel high in the Malvern Hills – includes breakfast, optional dinner and late check-out
- Steeped in history and surrounded by beauty, The Cottage in the Wood is an idyllic Georgian stately home and cottage dating back to the 1700s. High up in the Malvern Hills, it enjoys 30-mile views of the Severn Valley and the Cotswolds – voted by a national newspaper as "The Best View in England”.
- With two AA Rosettes, 1919 restaurant has beautiful Cotswolds views and serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner to a backdrop of the stunning Severn Valley along with an award-winning wine list. Packed lunches are supplied for wild country walks and for drinks, the bartender can mix you your own cocktail creation.
- Local attractions near this hotel include the picturesque town of Malvern, the Morgan Motor Company factory, ample walking routes with direct access from the hotel and Upton-upon-Severn – a charming riverside town just five miles from The Cottage in the Wood.
- Double AA Rosette restaurant
- Flatscreen TV in each room
- Family-friendly rooms
- Accessible rooms
How to get there
Great Malvern station is a five-minute drive from the hotel, with direct trains from Paddington (two and a half hours) and Birmingham (one hour). For directions by car, click here.
Good to know
Please note that you will be staying in the Georgian Main House, Coach House or the traditional English cottage.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.