Cosy Lake District pub with stylish bedrooms
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -53% today
Stay at a newly-renovated inn at the heart of Ambleside town, moments from Lake Windermere – includes full English breakfast, dinner credit and late check-out
- Pull on your walking boots and stuff a pack of Grasmere gingerbread in your rucksack – the walks from The Ambleside Inn are glorious. This historical inn with bedrooms is situated at the heart of Ambleside town and has been putting up outdoorsy types for the last 300 years.
- A fresh new look unveils a great pub where you can order classic hearty cuisine all day to sate appetites – you’ll need your strength for long stomps around the Lake District National Park. Despite its modern facelift, the traditional Lakeland slate building still feels cosy and full of character: just the spot for a local ale or wine from the well-stocked cellar.
- Each one of the 30 en-suite bedrooms has views over the fells, with comfy beds and plush bathrooms for freshening up after a day in the great outdoors. What’s more, some of the rooms welcome four-legged friends, so there’s no need to leave the dog behind while you have an adventure.
- Pets welcome (chargeable)
- Drying facilities
How to get there
The village of Ambleside is situated five miles north of Windermere town, where there is a train station with regular long-distance services. Ambleside is a 45-minute drive from Junction 37 of the M6, which links to Carlisle in the north and Lancaster, Preston and other cities in the south. The Ambleside Inn is situated at the heart of the village with pay and display car parking available locally.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.