Take a walk on the wild side with a Cornish survival school escape
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
The Great Outdoors
A stay in a shepherd’s hut in Cornwall's picturesque Mount Edgcumbe Country Park, with a two-day basic survival course run by ex-military experts
- Ever wished you had the skills to survive in the wilderness, but never had the chance to learn? This is the experience for you. Over the course of two days, your ex-military survival experts will teach you basic skills like fire-lighting, shelter-building, foraging and navigation in the beautiful setting of Mount Edgcumbe Country Park.
- In the evenings, return to the cosy Tamar Hut, a charming shepherds hut complete with a double and two single beds, with true Swallows and Amazons vibes perfect for the whole family. Enjoy a soothing sleep under the stars, cook in your kitchen pod and make the most of your included bike hire too by exploring the stunning surrounds.
- Mount Edgcumbe Country Park benefits from a glorious location on the Rame Peninsula home to sandy beaches, tidal creeks and farmland. With 865 acres to its name, this park is home to 55 Grade II and III-listed structures, two beaches and nine miles of coastal paths to cycle or wander.
- Double bed
- Two single beds
- Wood-burning stove
- Kitchen pod
- Two cafés
- Bike hire
How to get there
Mount Edgcumbe Country Park, the base of your survival experience, is located in Cremyll, an hours’ drive from Plymouth. This beautiful park is roughly a five-hour drive from London, and three hours from Bristol.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.