Historic Art Nouveau hotel on the shores of Lake Como
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
The perfect package with flights included
Prestige Twin room with garden view
A historic Italy stay at an Art Nouveau hotel in the pretty town of Menaggio, on the western shore of Lake Como – includes breakfast or half board, and all travel
- Described by Wordsworth as “a treasure whom the earth keeps to herself", Lake Como is the watery wonder that has captured the heart of artists, writers, poets, and literary lovers for centuries. So it’s easy to see the appeal of Grand Hotel Victoria, an Art Nouveau stunner located just a couple of minutes’ walk from Menaggio – easily one of the area’s prettiest towns for its terracotta-hued buildings, little harbour, and lovely promenade.
- Distractions at this 19th-century grande dame are plentiful; think elegant public rooms, lashings of period interiors (the staircase with its ornate golden friezes is especially eye-catching), and a decent-size outdoor pool. You’re spoiled further with tasteful accommodation, stroll-worthy gardens, and an outdoor terrace with ravishing views.
- Overlooking Lake Como and the Bellagio promontory, the stunning flagship Ristorante 1827 serves up an excellent selection of regional and international a la carte dishes as well as Lombardy specialties. Guests may choose to dine indoors, or make the most of the gorgeous garden terrace during the warm summer months.
- Air conditioning
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.