Stunning Scottish baronial castle stay on the edge of Loch Fyne
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -59% today
Discover incredible snow-filled holidays
Garden View Double room
A Scottish baronial castle set in spectacular countryside overlooking Loch Fyne and an hour from Loch Lomond, including breakfast plus a generous food and drink credit
- Make like a laird and live it up, Scottish style, at the stately Stonefield Castle. This Scottish national treasure sits in 60 acres of gorgeous woodland and gardens, which reach down to the shores of the sublimely beautiful Loch Fyne. Dating back to 1837, the castle is now a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winning hotel.
- The castle itself remains home to some splendid examples of Scottish baronial architecture and style. Think original furnishings, wood panelling, ornate ceilings and marble fireplaces. And, whilst the décor is as traditional as you could wish, the hospitality is as warm as the roaring fire you’ll curl up next to with your whisky.
- Tuck into oysters from Loch Fyne in the restaurant, before choosing from a delicious roll-call of enticing Scottish fare, from venison haunch to whole lobster. No evening is complete without a nightcap of course, so head to the bar for a wee tipple while you plan the next day’s adventures and rambles.
- Games room
- On-site parking
- Loch views
- Dog-friendly (charges applicable)
- Room service
How to get there
Stonefield Castle is situated right by the waters of Loch Fyne, 95 miles or so from Glasgow. Given the rural and serene location, we'd recommend coming via car; on-site parking is available. If you'd rather come via public transport, the 926 leaves Glasgow centre around five times a day; a journey should take around three hours door to door.
Good to know
Please note that dogs are welcome for a charge of £10 per dog, per night. This is payable at the hotel on arrival.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.