Elegant Hertfordshire country manor
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -51% today
Enjoy historic grandeur at an impressive country manor retreat in Hertfordshire, including full English breakfast and two-course dinner
- With its beautiful Victorian exterior and smart modern décor, Shendish Manor perfects the tricky blend of contemporary comfort and stately grandeur. Set in 160 acres of woodland and set against the picturesque backdrop of Hertfordshire countryside, it's hard to believe you're just 30 minutes from the bustling streets of London.
- Shendish Manor features its own very 5,660-yard, par 70 golf course across both parkland and woodland, open year-round and complete with a golf club and Coach House bar. Buggies and trolleys are available for hire here, too, so you need not worry about bringing your equipment along.
- The Orangery restaurant serves up hearty breakfasts, light lunches and creative dinners, where fresh, locally sourced seasonal ingredients take centre stage. There's also a lounge menu with lighter bites. For full-on indulgence, enjoy high tea with homemade cakes, scones, strawberry preserve, clotted cream and finger sandwiches.
- Afternoon tea
- Golf course
- Golf club and bar
How to get there
Shendish Manor is located a 20-minute walk or three-minute drive from Apsley railway station, which offers direct connections to Tring and London Euston, the latter of which is a mere half hour away. The hotel is also easily accessible via the A41 and A4251, if you're arriving by car.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.