Soak up Ullswater views from an elegant hotel in the Lake District
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
A beautiful, award-winning lakeside hotel with top dining in the heart of the Lake District – includes breakfast and seven-course taster menu dinner
- Soak up the picturesque views from this award-winning hotel, described by Condé Nast Johansens as an “English Lakes Legend”. Ullswater is widely regarded as the most beautiful lake in the country, and you’ll enjoy unparalleled views of it ambling around the hotel’s lovely gardens.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth tasting the sticky toffee pudding in the award-winning Sharrow Bay Restaurant. It’s said that this delectable dish was actually invented here in the 1970s, and it’s best to enjoy it drenched in locally-made ice cream or cream. Wash it down with a selection of over 700 wines.
- Lace up your hiking boots and tackle some of the country’s most impressive peaks. The Lake District is a walkers' paradise and the hotel caters specially for hikers, with maps, picnic lunches and extensive guidance provided. Post-walk, retire to your elegantly furnished room, decked out in antique furniture.
- Wine cellar
- Afternoon tea room
- Private dining room
How to get there
The hotel is around a five-hour drive from London via the M1 and M6 and two hours from Manchester. We recommended that you travel by car to make the most of your rural location.
If you’re coming via public transport, you’re best catching the train to Penrith and getting a taxi from there.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Further afield, keen hikers will relish the opportunity to climb Scafell Pike – the highest peak in England – and its slightly smaller neighbours, Helvellyn and Great Gable. It's possible to get maps and advice on routes at the hotel, plus tours of the local area and packed lunches.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.