Stay at a stylish and historic base for exploring the north of France
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
up to -48% today
Book your escape now before it's too late...
An elegant suite stay in a landmark 18th-century converted museum-hotel in the centre of Valenciennes, ideal for exploring Northern France in style – includes breakfast, spa access and treatment and restaurant discount
- A monument to the architecture of northern France in the 18th century, Royal Hainault Spa & Resort Hotel stands proud at the centre of Valenciennes. The 15,000 square metre hotel is both a restful stopover and a museum, with accommodation fitted around the ancient vaults and galleried hallways lined with impressive works of art.
- Valenciennes is a city famed for its artistic heritage, so it’s fitting that the hotel is designed to offer the most attractive interior design. The belle of the ball is the luxurious spa, which has 1,200 square metres of indulgence featuring a heated, vaulted swimming pool, a hammam and a sauna.
- You can venture into Valenciennes for Hauts-des-France cuisine, or enjoy a meal at La Galerie, which serves up traditional fine French gastronomy, while La Storia offers a menu of Italian delights in an elegant atmosphere. Two bars will ensure you stay well hydrated, and there’s a nightclub for after-hours fun.
- Two bars
- 24-hour reception
- Wellness centre
- Swimming pool
- Pets welcome (chargeable)
How to get there
If you’re flying, the nearest airport is Lille, at a distance of 46 kilometres. The alternative is to travel via car to Calais, either by ferry or the Eurotunnel, and drive the 166 kilometres to Valenciennes.
Please note that a city tax of €2.50 per person, per night, is payable directly to the hotel.
This hotel is pet-friendly. A pet can be brought along for a supplement of €25 euros per pet, per night. Please contact the hotel directly prior to your arrival to arrange.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.