A mansion hotel near Windsor originally built for the Churchills
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A regal stay at a country mansion built for the Churchill family in 1705, set in 15 acres of landscaped gardens – includes breakfast and optional dinner with nibbles
- You’ll have a luxurious 15 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds right on your doorstep, complete with opulent fountains, a croquet lawn and tennis courts, plus giant chess and snakes and ladders. Clear your head and go for a wander around the tranquil gardens – they’re about as English as you can get.
- Aptly showcasing a whopping huge fork above the fireplace, the restaurant FORK is a sophisticated spot serving tasty far, such as fish in crispy beer batter and pulled lamb shoulder. Wash it all down with a glass of crisp sparkling wine or champagne; you’re on holiday after all.
- Indulge in a little bit of an English tradition with a tasty cream tea in the Polo Bar and Lounge. Enjoy scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, and if the weather’s nice, opt to enjoy it on the terrace with panoramic views overlooking the gardens.
- Lounge bar
- Tea room
- Dining room
- Tennis courts
- Landscaped gardens
- Croquet lawn
- Bike rental
- Flatscreen TV
- Tea and coffee facilities
How to get there
The closest stations to the Royal Berkshire Hotel are either Sunningdale or Ascot. From both, trains run twice per hour to London Waterloo and twice per hour to Reading during off-peak times, with more frequent services during weekday mornings and evenings.
A taxi from both should take less than 10 minutes. If you’re driving, you’re best getting off the M3 at Junction 2 and driving from there.
Good to know
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
One thing you can’t miss is a trip to Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. Built in the 11th century after the Norman invasion of England by William the Conqueror, it’s now where the Queen likes to spend most of her weekends. Look at the flag flying from the Castle’s Round Tower; if it’s the Royal Standard the Queen will be there too. If you’re looking to let your inner kid run riot, the eye-popping Legoland theme park and all its yellow splendour is just 10 minutes up the road.
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.
2 people are viewing this sale right now.x