A multiple award-winning gourmet, golf and spa hotel in Durham
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -46% today
Book your escape now before it's too late...
New Hall Superior Double room
Old Hall Superior Double room
An award-winning five-star Durham hotel, with golf, fine dining and a luxe spa - includes breakfast, spa access and a six-course tasting dinner or a spa experience
- Rockliffe Hall is the north of England's only AA-rated five-red-star resort and is repeatedly named one of the best luxury hotels in the UK in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards and in the Caterer Top 100 Hotels 2018. When you consider that this Darlington country hotel is set in an 18th-century estate, it's hardly surprising it also achieved a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- The Spa Garden offers two outdoor pools, including an infinity edge experience pool, glass-fronted sauna and experience showers. The spa itself boasts an outdoor Jacuzzi, hydrotherapy pool and seven heat treatment experiences including infrared sauna, igloo, tepidarium, tropicarium and salt steam experiences. Elsewhere, within the manicured estate, you'll find tennis courts, curious cabins and landscaped gardens.
- Foodies will go crazy for the glamorous set of gourmet dining options on offer. One of only two golf and spa resort restaurants in the country to have been awarded four AA Rosettes, The Orangery is a high-end establishment, where acclaimed chef Richard Allen delights with varied cuisine and locally-sourced produce from the North East and Rockliffe Hall's own grounds.
Designed by award-winning course architect, Marc Westenborg, the 18-hole golf course is one of the finest golfing challenges in the UK. It has hosted a major tournament and is played by some golf greats in the European Tour English Senior Open. The five individually designed tee positions cater for players of all abilities.
- Three restaurants
- Afternoon tea
- Cocktail bar
- Golf course
How to get there
Rockliffe Hall is located in Darlington, County Durham, about a 12-minute drive from Darlington and its railway station, itself offering direct links into York, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Newcastle and London Kings Cross. Those arriving by car will find the hotel within easy reach of the A66.
Good to know
Please note that The Orangery is open Wednesday to Sunday (closed Monday and Tuesday) from 6.30-9.30pm. A smart-casual dress code applies.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.