Stylish Sicilian palazzo, once home of a king
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -46% today
You can add flights to this hotel
A gorgeous suite stay at a boutique 18th-century palace on Sicily's southeast coast, with a rooftop terrace and views over Syracuse – includes breakfast and welcome perks
- Sicily's small island of Ortigia sits just across the Ionian Sea from the Syracuse; housed within one of the island's lavish Italian palazzos, once the home of King Federico II, the Re Federico is a seriously stylish base for those looking to explore the wonders of this corner of Sicily.
- Each boasting an individual theme and vibe that is as equally chic as the next, the suites and apartments here are seriously cool and contemporary, featuring swish, monochromatic decor that is brought to life by funky patterned furnishings and pop art adorning the wall. Some offer a bijou balcony that overlooks the labyrinth of stonewashed streets below.
- Served in the cool ground-floor café, breakfast is a simple but classic Italian affair, with a fresh buffet or continental options. For pre- and post-dinner aperitifs, head up to the elegant rooftop terrace for drinks while soaking up the sensational views over the Ionian Sea. Although there is no restaurant on site, some suites and apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen.
- Breakfast (served at the café)
- Rooftop terrace
- In-room balcony (in some suites and apartments)
- In-room, fully equipped kitchen (in some suites)
How to get there
The hotel is a 50-minute drive down the coast from Catania Fontanarossa Airport - roughly 64 kilometres away.
Good to know
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.