Get away to historic Durham with an elegant hotel and spa stay
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -46% today
An ultra-luxe stay at a Telegraph-recommended hotel with a state-of-the-art spa and two golf courses near Durham – with breakfast, dining credit and a bottle of prosecco
- While away the hours at Ramside Hall Hotel in the supersized spa, with a 25-metre pool, saunas, steam rooms, hydrotherapy pool (one of the UK’s largest), an outdoor vitality pool, a gym and more. There’s also a range of signature ESPA treatments (facials, massages, body wraps and scrubs), and a relaxation area with sleep-pods.
- There’s enough here to seal the deal for all you foodies; from the AA award-winning Rib Room that specialises in 28-day aged steaks and brasserie fare, to the fabulous Fusion that showcases masterful Pan-Asian cuisine. Equally worthy of your attention is Pemberton’s Carvery for daily roasts along with a vast choice of fresh vegetables.
- Practice your golf swing and channel your inner Rory McIlroy at two Jonathan Gaunt-designed championship golf courses (Prince Bishops' Course and Cathedral Course), as well as a driving range. For those that are needing some help with their swing, expert-led golf lessons are available.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Two golf courses
- Driving range
- Indoor pool
- Steam room
- Four restaurants
How to get there
Ramside Hall Hotel is a 30-minute drive from Newcastle International Airport, easily reachable via taxi or hire car. If you’re coming via public transport, catch a train to Durham and get a taxi from there.
If you’re driving, the main A1 road is just five minutes’ drive away.
Good to know
Please note that charges apply for full access to the spa and use of the golf facilities. The consumption of alcohol by the hydrotherapy and outdoor pools is not permitted on Fridays, Saturday and Sundays, and before 12pm Monday - Thursday.
Please also note that dinner reservations are required prior to arrival.
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.