A grand coastal Whitby estate with a spa and lush grounds
Enjoy luxury hotels and holidays at lower prices
Access and book our deals using just your email
New deals start and end every day
Our deals move fast - our emails make sure you don't miss a trip.I don't want to get amazing discounts on luxury travel in my inbox
A breathtaking coastal retreat with tempting spa facilities and delicious dining in North Yorkshire
- Set in its own 100 acres of land between historic Whitby and the seaside village of Sandsend in North Yorkshire, the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence-winning Raithwaite Estate houses a selection of accommodation. The Keep is just one, with a grand red brick hotel in a commanding castle-like style, with luxe bedrooms inside; while the Hall sits among the gardens in the centre of the estate.
- With its woodland views and locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, The Brasserie celebrates Yorkshire produce and French cooking in a chic space. There's also an extensive selection of old and new world wines to sample. Choose between the contemporary conservatory or Poachers Bar for lunch and/or afternoon tea.
- Raithwaite Estate is proud to home Whitby's only luxury spa. Alongside a heated pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and serene relaxation room, you'll find a generous list of treatments to indulge in. There are three individual treatment rooms and one for couples; follow your pampering with a herbal tea.
- Underfloor heating in each room
How to get there
Middlesbrough train station is around 45 kilometres away and connected to Saltburn, Darlington, Hexham, Bishop Auckland and Manchester Airport. Scarborough train station is closer at 35 kilometres away and connected to Hull and Liverpool Lime Street.
Good to know
Please note that the hotel will make a provisional reservation at The Brasserie for guests opting for dinner, unless the hotel is otherwise contacted by guests prior to arrival. Please also note that guests must pre-book spa treatments prior to arrival.
Please also note that some rooms may only be accessed via stairway, while others may have stairs within them; they may therefore not be suitable for those with mobility issues.
During the school summer holidays, there may be restrictions within the spa; afternoon 'Splash' times may apply, where only families are allowed during peak times, usually between 4-6pm. The spa will happily advise guests on the day if this policy is not enforced.
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.