Five-star country house stay in Snowdonia
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A five-star boutique country house filled with traditional charm in beautiful Snowdonia, including breakfast, and a seven-course dinner option
- Its warm atmosphere, high levels of service, delightful food and elegant decor are just some of the highlights of Plas Dinas Country House. Nestled in an idyllic yet well-connected spot in North Wales’ stunning Snowdonia region, the five-star abode is formerly the historic home of Lord Snowdon, husband of Princess Margaret – the perfect place to feel like you're living in a scene from ‘The Crown’.
- The Grade II-listed building dates back to the 17th century, with Victorian additions adding to its charm (check out the period antiques, chandeliers and original family portraits). Bedrooms vary in size and are all individually styled, but the common theme is high-end comfort – expect crisp white linen, Molton Brown goodies and rich, decadent decor.
- Breakfast is served in the hotel's restaurant, The Gun Room, which overlooks the garden and boasts an award-winning chef, Daniel ap Geraint. With an established reputation as one of the go-to fine-dining eateries in North Wales and lauded by Opentable, the restaurant offers a mouthwatering monthly menu of locally sourced dishes.
- Intimate cocktail bar, gin bar and honesty bar
- Award-winning restaurant
- High tea
- Hospitality tray in the room, with homemade fudge and cookies
- Molton Brown bath amenities
How to get there
Located west of Snowdonia National Park, you can reach the hotel in less than four hours from London, via public transport: head to Bangor train station from London Euston, then board the bus towards Penygroes, disembarking at Plas Dinas Turn (a four-minute walk from the hotel). The hotel is a four-hour drive from Cardiff, a three-hour drive from Birmingham and just under two hours from Liverpool.
Good to know
Dinner is available from Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm. Please note that personal dietary requirements are catered to upon request; please contact the hotel prior to your arrival to arrange a bespoke dish to cater to your needs.
Elsewhere, drinks and cocktails can be enjoyed in either the Drawing Room of Gun Room Bar.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.