Escape to Cheshire for a stay in an intact medieval-style castle
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -47% today
Old Dee Bridge, Chester
A fairy-tale stay at a dramatic hilltop fortress, with award-winning dining, a spa and splendid views across the Cheshire plains - includes breakfast and dinner options
- Step back in time to the medieval era wandering through the castle’s fairytale-esque corridors and spiral turret staircases. Built in the mid-19th century, Peckforton is a Victorian take on a real-life medieval castle, complete with French tapestries on the bare stone walls, crackling fireplaces, arrow slit windows and suits of armour.
- Tuck into sumptuous fresh and organic produce in the 1851 Restaurant. Dishes here include tarte tatin, baked hake and pan-roasted pork loin, best washed down with a glass of wine or two. Recipient of three AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award, you’re guaranteed a fine wining and dining experience.
- Let your inner kid run riot with the plethora of fun activities on offer here. See how good your shot is with archery or clay pigeon shooting lessons, play a game of croquet or compete head to head in a Crystal Maze-style game. For something more mellow, go for a stroll along the Sandstone Trail and admire the countryside views.
- Landscaped gardens
How to get there
If you're coming via public transport, the best stations to head to are Chester or Crewe. Both stations connect to major transport hubs like London and Manchester, and each is equidistant to the hotel. A taxi from both should take around half an hour. The castle isn’t the easiest to reach via public transport, so you’re best driving if you can.
Good to know
Please advise the hotel if you have any special room requirements prior to your arrival (such as lift access or ground floor access), as the castle only has limited rooms available which are accessible by lift.
Please also be aware that 1851 Restaurant has several stairs leading to it; a chair lift is available if required.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Chester certainly has plenty to offer: think pretty Tudor buildings, original Roman-era walls and some of the North West’s best pubs and restaurants. Closer to home, enjoy some of the county’s finest walks along the pathways of the Sandstone Trail, with beautiful panoramic vistas visible along the way.
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.
10 people are viewing this sale right now.x