Escape to Cheshire for a stay in an intact medieval-style castle
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
up to -51% today
Old Dee Bridge, Chester
A fairy-tale stay at a dramatic hilltop fortress, with award-winning dining and a spa - includes breakfast, dinner options, and a treatment discount
- Step back in time to the medieval era, wandering through Peckforton Castle’s fairy-tale-like corridors and spiral turret staircases. Built in the mid-19th century, it's a Victorian take on a medieval castle, complete with French tapestries on stone walls, arrowslit windows and suits of armour.
- At this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner, tuck into sumptuous fresh and organic produce in 1851 Restaurant. Dishes here include tarte tatin, baked hake and pan-roasted pork loin. Recipient of three AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award, you’re guaranteed a fine wining and dining experience.
- Let your inner kid run riot with the plethora of fun activities here. See how good your shot is with archery or clay pigeon shooting lessons, play a game of croquet or compete in a Crystal Maze-style game. For something mellow, go for a stroll along the Sandstone Trail and admire the countryside views.
- Landscaped gardens
How to get there
If you're coming via public transport, the best stations to head to are Chester or Crewe. Both stations connect to major transport hubs like London and Manchester, and each is equidistant to the hotel. A taxi from both should take around half an hour. The castle isn’t the easiest to reach via public transport, so you’re best driving if you can.
Good to know
Please advise the hotel if you have any special room requirements prior to your arrival (such as lift access or ground-floor access), as the castle only has limited rooms available which are accessible by lift.
The hotel will pre-book your dinner reservation prior to your arrival; timings are subject to availability. 1851 Restaurant has several stairs leading to it; a chair lift is available if required.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.