Five-star Welsh mansion with three AA Rosette dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
An award-winning, five-star hotel next to Snowdonia National Park, with three AA Rosette dining – includes full Welsh breakfast and optional five or eight-course dinner
- Palé Hall traces its history back to the 19th century, when it was constructed by railway engineer Henry Robertson. With a well-thumbed guestbook, including the likes of Queen Victoria, this elegant abode flaunts a truly grand and fabulous setting amid 50 acres of private, landscaped gardens. It's located just outside the small market town of Bala on the edge of Snowdonia and has been awarded the Visit Wales Gold Award.
- The five-star Palé Hall has been lovingly and intricately restored to all its former glory and boasts a vast vaulted hallway with rich oriental rugs and period furnishings, plus a number of lounges with ceiling frescoes, antiques and original oil paintings. Once run as a shooting estate by the Duke of Westminster, Palé Hall is still a great spot for a range of outdoor pursuits, like fishing, cycling and white water rafting.
- The fine-dining experience here is a reason to visit in itself. With the appraised head chef Gareth Stevenson at the helm, it offers a meaningful menu from the very best of the area's fine selection of homegrown ingredients. Chef Stevenson's thoughtful and expert use of flavours and ingredients have earned the restaurant three AA Rosettes.
- Three AA rosette restaurant
- Two dining rooms
- Afternoon tea
- Landscaped gardens
- Guided tours (chargeable)
- Fishing experiences (chargeable)
- Room service
- On-site parking
- Laundry service
How to get there
Given the rural location of the hotel, we'd recommend bringing your own set of wheels; on-site parking is available.
Good to know
Palé Hall has been awarded five red stars from the AA - the highest rating for a Welsh hotel. There is one adapted room available for guests with disabilities.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.