While away your days near Bologna at a divine palazzo with a tranquil spa
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -54% today
Deluxe Prestige room
A modern and elegant spa hotel in a quiet spot near Bologna – includes breakfast, spa access, a suite option, and spa and dining discounts
- Set in rural Bologna, the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winning Palazzo di Varignana offers an intimate stay steeped in the area's rich history – from here you're close to many stunning archaeological sites, which are full of frescoes and mosaics. The resort's storied surrounds, including beautifully landscaped gardens, will have you truly understand Italian charm day-in, day-out.
- Varsana Spa is set over 2,500 square metres and offers five indoor and outdoor swimming pools (including a fresh salt-water pool that's integrated into the spa thanks to a telescopic crystal roof), a steam bath, bio-sauna, Finnish sauna (as well as an on-site sauna expert and Aufguss ceremony), hammam, ice shower, sensory showers, Kneipp circuit and relaxation area. There are 10 spa fusion cabins, as well as a well-equipped gym.
- Il Palazzo Restaurant is the resort's charming eatery. Set in the 17th-century Villa Bentivoglio, it serves tried and tested Italian dishes with a contemporary twist. Aurevo is set in the gardens and looks over the outdoor pool and water fountains. Le Marzoline is a trattoria-style dining spot for dinner Monday to Sunday, and serves lunch on weekends too.
- Landscaped garden
- Outdoor pools
- Indoor pool
- Lounge bar
How to get there
Bologna airport is just over half an hour's drive away, whilst Bologna Fiera is reachable in approximately 25 minutes.
Good to know
Il Palazzo Restaurant opens for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday, between 3 May and 30 September only.
The spa is open from 9am-9pm seven days a week, and children are allowed to use the spa between 9am-1pm. In order to avoid disappointment, please remember to pre-book spa entry and treatments.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.