Rural Durham hotel with fine dining, a spa and golf
Enjoy luxury hotels and holidays at lower prices
Access and book our deals using just your email
New deals start and end every day
Our deals move fast - our emails make sure you don't miss a trip.I don't want to get amazing discounts on luxury travel in my inbox
100% refundable, up to 8 days before travel
An ultra-luxe stay at a Telegraph-recommended hotel with a state-of-the-art spa, two golf courses and two AA Rosette restaurants near Durham, with breakfast, dinner, a bottle of prosecco and late check-out. Fully refundable – book with confidence
- Indulgent relaxation: Recharge at the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence-awarded Ramside Hall Hotel; the supersized spa has a 25-metre pool, saunas, steam rooms, a huge hydrotherapy pool, an outdoor vitality pool, a gym and more. There are also ESPA treatments and a relaxation area with sleep pods.
- Acclaimed dining: Foodies will flock to the AA Rosette-winning Rib Room that specialises in 28-day aged steaks and brasserie fare, and the fabulous AA Rosette-awarded Fusion that showcases masterful Pan-Asian cuisine. Equally worthy of your attention is Pemberton’s Carvery for daily roasts.
- Golf bliss: Practice your golf swing and channel your inner Rory McIlroy at two Jonathan Gaunt-designed championship golf courses (Prince Bishops' Course and Cathedral Course), as well as a driving range. For those that are needing some help with their swing, expert-led golf lessons are available.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Two golf courses
- Driving range
- Indoor pool
- Steam room
- Four restaurants (two AA Rosette-awarded)
How to get there
Ramside Hall Hotel is a 30-minute drive from Newcastle International Airport, easily reachable via taxi or hire car. If you’re coming via public transport, catch a train to Durham and get a taxi from there.
If you’re driving, the main A1 road is just five minutes’ drive away.
Good to know
Please note that charges apply for full access to the spa and use of the golf facilities. The consumption of alcohol by the hydrotherapy and outdoor pools is not permitted on Fridays, Saturday and Sundays, and before 12pm Monday - Thursday.
As a hotel guest, you'll enjoy use of the 25-metre swimming pool and state-of-the-art fitness suite from check-in to check-out (children's restrictions apply). During busy times, particularly at weekends, guests may be asked to book specific time slots for use of the leisure facilities to prevent over-crowding. Access to the hydrotherapy and outdoor pool areas are only available for guests on a spa residential package, spa day package or who are a member of the spa.
Please also note that dinner reservations are required prior to arrival.
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities.
We cannot guarantee access to hotel facilities (e.g restaurant or spa), as these are subject to change due to COVID-19. We advise you check with the hotel two weeks before your trip. If you choose not to travel, you must actively cancel up to eight days in advance to ensure a full refund.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.