Grade II-listed York pad with idyllic gardens
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Lengal Bridge, York
York City Wall
Shambles street, York
A Grade II-listed, riverside hotel in York with a fitness centre and idyllic gardens - breakfast and optional dinner allowance with prosecco
- Experience the best of both worlds at Middletons Hotel, nestled in a quiet setting that's just minutes away from historical York's centre. Staying in one of only 56 rooms housed across six listed buildings, the atmosphere here combines modernity with history in the sleekest of ways.
- A cosy, candlelit space featuring exposed brickwork, hardwood tables and comfy, cushioned seats, the restaurant at Middletons invites you to spend time savouring the high quality ingredients that go into its beautifully presented seasonal dishes. Other treats here include a Sunday Carvery and afternoon tea you'll be quick to tuck into.
- In your guest room, simple décor complements the historic character of the hotel, with superior quality linens providing the luxury finishing touches. You might even bed down for the night in a building that was once frequented by Charlie Chaplin, Cleo Laine and Benjamin Britten.
- Afternoon tea
- Fitness centre
How to get there
Middletons Hotel is set in the heart of York, a four-hour drive from London, or a direct two-hour train from London Kings Cross. Leeds is only a 45-minute drive away, while Manchester is a little further at 95 minutes. Parking is located behind the hotel on Cromwell Street, on a first-come-first served-basis, and is chargeable.
Good to know
Please note that as the hotel is spread across six buildings, the guest rooms differ in size and style.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.