Cheshire country house with prized dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -52% today
Lakeside Executive Double or Twin room
A charming Cheshire bolthole near Manchester, with AA Rosette-awarded dining and manicured grounds – includes breakfast and two-course dinner
- Originally built in 1903, Mere Court Hotel has since been restored to a charming country house hotel fit for such a beautiful pocket of Cheshire. Ringed by gently rolling countryside, this cosy boutique is a tranquil escape for urban dwellers, surrounded by seven acres of perfectly manicured gardens encircling a flower-lined lake.
- Throw in individually designed rooms and an AA Rosette restaurant with sumptuous cuisine and fine wines, and you can see why this spot has consistently positive TripAdvisor reviews. Its impressive guest list supports the accolade, with visitors over the years including Ruby Wax, Dawn French and Bill and Hilary Clinton.
- Spend your days exploring nearby Tatton Park, a grand mansion sitting pretty in deer-speckled grounds, plus the shady oasis of Delamere Forest and Dunham Massey, a National Trust country house. Once you’ve had your fill of the area’s charms, return to your comfy pad for a nightcap or a spot of afternoon tea with homemade scones.
- AA Rosette restaurant
- Landscaped gardens
- Afternoon tea
- Conference centre
How to get there
The hotel is set just 10 minutes from Knutsford train station, which boasts a direct service to Manchester. But we'd recommend you drive, mainly because there's so much to see and explore and it'd be a shame not to jump in the car and make the most of it. Onsite parking is available at not extra cost and the M6 and M56 are both less than five miles away.
Good to know
Pets are not allowed.
Travel is NOT included in this offer.
How do I get there?
M6 (from North) - Leave at junction 20 and turn left on to the A50 towards Macclesfield. Mere Court Hotel is 4 miles up on the left hand side.
M56 (from West) - Leave at junction 9 and follow the signs for the A50 towards Lymm/Macclesfield. Mere Court Hotel is situated approx 4 miles on the left hand side.
M56 (from East) - Leave at junction 7 stay in left-hand lane on to the A556 towards Northwich. At the first set of traffic lights the Swan Inn will be on your left-hand side. Cross over the lights and take the right turning opposite the BP garage. This will bring you into Bucklow Hill Lane which will bring you out by the Kilton Inn. Take a right on to Warrington Road and Mere Court Hotel is situated half a mile on your right hand side.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.