Unique safari-style lodge stay near Winchester's Marwell Zoo
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A unique safari lodge-style hotel on the edge of the South Downs National Park in Winchester, with three AA Rosette dining – includes an optional seven-course tasting menu dinner and more
- For wildlife lovers who fancy the idea of staking out tigers, cheetahs, snow leopards, giraffes and other endangered species without having to squint through a pair of binoculars, the setting of this safari-themed hotel couldn’t be more spot-on. The architect’s vision of bringing an African colonial-style lodge to the county of Hampshire has been a roaring success.
- Overlooking the gorgeous woodlands, the leisure club is kitted out with a spa pool, and state-of-the-art running machines. Hotel guests are welcome to use all the facilities.
- Under the helm of Executive Chef Phil Yeomans (previously at The Dorchester, Harvey Nichols, Soho House and Winchester’s Lainston House Hotel), the two AA Rosette-awarded Dining Room presents modern English fare prepared with locally-sourced ingredients. Both an a la carte and tasting menu are available. There’s also the all-day Lounge & Bar for light meals, snacks, drinks, and a tempting cocktail menu.
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Snack bar
- Disabled access
- Shared lounge
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
How to get there
Marwell Hotel is five miles from Eastleigh and Hedge End train stations and around seven miles from Southampton Airport.
On-site parking is available for guests.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.