Boutique interiors at a chic Vulcano Island resort off Sicily
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
You can add flights to this hotel
Classic Double room
Escape to an enchanting resort with chic interiors on ethereal Vulcano Island, just off Sicily - includes breakfast and optional dinner
- Vulcano Island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site celebrated for its therapeutic mud baths and hot springs and 150 metres from the black sand beach (entry fee applies) on Ponente Bay, Mari del Sud Resort is perfectly positioned for enjoying the many natural wonders this colourful gem of an island has to offer.
- The charming TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winning resort is set in fragrant gardens teeming with native plants, like yucca, eucalyptus, rosemary and bougainvillea. A collection of low-rise, whitewashed stone buildings features distinctive built-in seating, hand-painted ceramic tiles and thatched pergolas.
- Open for lunch and dinner, Baia di Ponente restaurant offers fresh fish, Sicilian specials and wood-fired pizzas. There’s also a bright and cosy bar, a pool bar in the garden, and a romantic rooftop terrace where you can take in the stunning sunsets over a cocktail.
- Lobby bar
- Pool bar
- Panoramic terrace bar
- LCD flatscreen TV in each room
- Air conditioning in each room
How to get there
From Palermo's Falcone–Borsellino Airport, catch a bus or taxi to the port and take a hydrofoil direct to Vulcano. Alternatively, take a train from the airport to Palermo's central station, and a train onwards from there to Milazzo, to catch a hydrofoil or ferry to the island.
From Catania–Fontanarossa Airport, it's a bus ride to Milazzo or Messina, and then a ferry or hydrofoil. Collective transfer services between the hotel and Catania–Fontanarossa Airport are available at the hotel for a charge, when departing the airport before 5pm or when arriving there after 11am only (please note there may be a wait time at the airport).
Travel is NOT included in this offer.
How do I get there?
From Catania–Fontanarossa Airport, it's a bus ride to Milazzo or Messina, and then a ferry or hydrofoil.
For comprehensive travel, visa and health advice, please visit FCO Travel Advice
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Join now for free
Want to add flights?
It’s easy to add a flight to your hotel. Just select your dates in the calendar and choose ‘add flights’. Get your holiday plans all wrapped up in one click and feel secure knowing that when you book a hotel and flight with us, you’re protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm) or to make a flight only booking call 0343 227 0007.
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.