19th-century Lake District hideaway with AA Rosette dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Deluxe Double room
Stay at a glorious 19th-century country pile with a two AA Rosette restaurant in the heart of the Lake District – includes breakfast and dinner
- There's a high focus on finery at this gracious 19th-century country pile in Ullswater – the lesser-known Lake District gem that’s most celebrated for its year-round Steamer cruises, prestigious yacht club, outdoorsy pursuits and all-out scenic splendour.
- Set among 22 acres of landscaped gardens and woodlands on the shores of Lake Ullswater, the hotel's chic set-up is made to impress. But it’s not just about the helicopter landing pad, croquet lawn and vintage-luxe design - there’s also an award-winning two AA Rosette restaurant, lovely lounges for light bites and afternoon teas, and an excellent staff service – all making for a most inviting country escape. Unsurprisingly, the hotel was shortlisted for the Afternoon Tea of the Year award by Hotel F&B Magazine.
- While there is no on-site spa, guests may use the pool, spa and gym at the property’s nearby sister hotel – Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa – on Lake Windermere. There are plenty of soothing spa treatments on offer there, all of which are chargeable and must be pre-booked.
How to get there
Macdonald Leeming House is just a half-hour journey to Penrith Station. Those travelling by car will find the hotel just off the A592; complimentary parking is available on site.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.